Update on our COVID-19 Protocol:
In an effort to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to allow our staff to follow the CDC guidelines for social distancing, The Animal Emergency Center will be instituting car-side check-in for all patients. We ask that you follow the below steps for the safety of all:
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and give us a call at 570-742-7400.
- Someone from our staff will obtain your information, and your pet’s information along with any medical history. We will also take a picture of your driver’s license/state ID at this time as part of our standard protocol. If your pet is in critical condition, we will bring your pet inside immediately.
- If you have a critical patient or have brought your pet in for euthanasia, we will escort you directly into an exam room as quickly as possible after check-in.
- If your pet is stable, we will call you and meet you at the door to bring your pet in for evaluation when the Veterinarian is available. A staff member will escort you to an exam room, and take your pet to the treatment area in the facility for evaluation while you remain in the exam room.
- The Veterinarian will perform a full exam, then will discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, and any other information involved.
- After approved treatments are completed, a staff member will return your pet directly to you and collect a method of payment for the services provided.
We take the health and well-being of our clients, patients and staff very seriously and want to make sure we are at our best to care for your pets during COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and allowing us to continue to serve you and your pet during this challenging time. ❤️🐾