Update on our COVID-19 Protocol:
In an effort to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to allow our staff to follow the CDC guidelines for social distancing, The Animal Emergency Center will be instituting car-side check-in and check-out services for all patients. For most patients, all communication during the exam will take place via phone. The only exception will be for critical patients. We ask that you follow the below steps for the safety of all:
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and give us a call at 570-742-7400.
- Someone from our staff will come out to your vehicle, obtain your pet’s information along with any medical history and your phone number. We will also take a picture of your driver’s license/state ID at this time as part of our standard protocol. If your pet is in critical condition, we will bring your pet in with us immediately.
- If you have a critical patient or have brought your pet in for euthanasia, we will escort you directly into an exam room immediately after check-in at the curb.
- If your pet is stable, we will call you and meet you at the door to bring your pet in for evaluation when the Veterinarian is available. A staff member will come out to take your pet to the treatment area in the facility for evaluation while you remain in your car. If you have a dog, we will place our own leash on your dog to escort them to the treatment area.
- The veterinarian will perform a full exam, then will call you on the number you provided to discuss any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, and any other information involved.
- After approved treatments are completed, a staff member will return your pet directly to your vehicle and collect a method of payment for the services provided.
We take the health and well-being of our clients, patients and staff very seriously and want to make sure we are at our best to care for your pets during COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and allowing us to continue to serve you and your pet during this challenging time. ❤️🐾